Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"



Dated:  26 February 2012

Who Sang It Better?

After the unexpected passing of Ms. Whitney Houston on the eve of the 2012 Grammy ceremony; renditions of her most famous and beloved song took over social networking sites such as Youtube, Twitter and Tumblr.  Many took to their bathrooms, living rooms, and bedrooms and recorded what they believed to be THE best version of Ms. Houston's classic.  I'm a be real, half the joints I heard sounded like the musical stylings of tone def puppies!!! No disrespect, but please people stick to what you know...



I must admit that J. Hud's tribute though heartfelt and moving...in my opinion, was not the best.  Glee's Amber Riley however, knocked it out the box!  Every note was in perfect pitch.  Her runs were flawless.  Her vibrato was...Let me stop talking and let you be the judge!!




So what do you think?  Who sang it better? Jennifer or Amber?

S/N: Anybody else find it odd that the sisters with the baddest voices always have white girl names? (Tina, Amber, Patti, Jennifer, Minnie)







No comments:

Post a Comment